Monday, September 1, 2008

I speek good engrish

First of all, no, I am not making a stereotypical joke but rather acknowledging that it's out there and applying it to my circumstance.

------ Real post ------

I am full America. 100%, born in SoCal, lived in Michigan, studied in TN and GA. Granted my mom is Filipino, but all that was ever spoken at home was English, except when she was on the phone to her relatives. So what's wrong with my English? I am sure I am one of many people who often times write "their" when what they really mean is "they're". And it happens with other similar sounding words. It's no fault of the education system, it's just that my brain wants to communicate faster than the rest of me. My girlfriend made me aware of this fact when she pointed out that sometimes I stutter. I'm not self conscience about it, but rather more self aware now. It's a little frustrating when you have a lot to say with hardly the capacity to say it all with the meaning and emotion that you want to convey.

No comments: